Thursday, March 5, 2015

We've got cabin fever... and a flash sale!

Here we are with yet ANOTHER snow day!!
It's tough being cooped up in the house with 3 little boys, but at least we've made some new friends:
This cute little guy has been visiting us on our back deck at our kitchen window. Poor little guy can't find his nuts with 3+ feet of snow on the ground. So we've been tossing him a few peanuts here and there. Yesterday he started digging tunnels in the snow piles on our deck! Very entertaining to watch!

And nothing helps you get through a snow day like a new Oscar winning Disney movie! We picked up Big Hero 6 last weekend and it has been on a constant loop in our DVD player ever since!

This movie is filled with uplifting themes, positive messages, and non-stop action. My boys are in LOVE with the huggable, marshmallow-y Baymax (and I am too)!

I curled up on the couch with my boys and we were all mesmerized. As the credits rolled, I found myself looking for a way to use Big Hero 6 in my classroom. The abundance of interesting characters, plot twists, and positive themes makes this movie perfect for a Literary Analysis!

Big Hero 6 deals with loss, grief, the importance of friendship, and vengeful feelings. Baymax's impeccable morale code influences the other characters and helps them to see that revenge is not the answer. "Our programming prevents us from injuring a human being."

Baymax teaches kids that every life is worth saving and anything is possible with the support of your friends. Seriously this movie is an emotional roller coaster from start to finish! (I cried at least 3 times!)


Stop by my TpT store to grab my newest product (and all other products) 20% off today only!
Click on the image below!

Designed for grades 4-8
Activities included in this packet:
Character analysis
Character traits
Protagonist/Antagonist
Conflict between characters
Static/Dynamic characters
Setting analysis
Theme
Discussion Questions
Plot Pyramid
Science behind Baymax informational article (main idea & details)
Character trait graffiti wall craftivity

All Answer keys included!

Check out this video clip used in the packet to support the "Science Behind Baymax" article:

undefined on Disney Video

If you take advantage of this flash sale, please leave me some feedback. 
I'd love to know what you think!

Here's my 5-year old's illustration of Baymax, so cute! This is his first ever drawing with details!!

Happy snow day everyone (hopefully it's the last!)

No comments:

Post a Comment