Saturday, November 22, 2014

Blog Makeover!

Today my blog is sporting a brand new look! A very BIG thank you to Megan at A Bird in Hand Designs for creating a blog that is even better looking then I had imagined. In honor of such a special occasion here is little freebie!
I am ADDICTED to using interactive notebooks from Erin at I'm Lovin' Lit! (She has an interactive notebook for everything!) We do not have an ELA Consultant or Curriculum Director in my small school, so the burden of adapting our teaching to fit new Common Core standards falls on our shoulders. Last year I discovered Erin's interactive notebooks and fell head over heals in love! They provide students with great visual's to organize their notes. And there is a lesson for almost every standard!
I created this rubric to help me assess my student's notebooks this year. It's just a simple check-in to make sure that they have all the notes they need and are keeping things neat and organized. It is also a great way to provide students with feedback and encouragement.
Click here to get this rubric @ my TpT store!

Have a great weekend everyone! And thanks again Megan!

2 comments:

  1. I love the makeover! It is super cute. :) I also love the rubric- great tool to assess the kiddos!
    I'm a new follower, I found you through the Sunday Scoop.

    Mandy
    Caffeine and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feeling so thankful right now for the Sunday Scoop! I'm just starting my teaching-blogging adventure and it's so nice to be able to connect with others. I'm headed over to your blog now! :) Thanks!

      Delete