Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Woo Hoo!! 50 "likes"

Today I reached my first mini-milestone, 50 likes on Facebook!! To celebrate my newest product is FREE for the next 24 hours! Come scoop it up and let me know what you think.

My Side of the Mountain was written in the late 1950’s. Cell phones, internet, and modern technology did not exist. How would Sam’s time on the mountain have been different if he’d had a Smart phone with him?

This project gives students the opportunity to think critically about the text and make inferences about Sam's character. Who would Sam call? Who sent him emails while he was away? What would he look up/research on the internet? What songs would he listen to? I used this project with my students right before Christmas break and they loved this modern approach to a classic novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment